Priority Area Coordinators (PACs) of the Priority Area 6 (PA 06: preserving biodiversity, landscapes and the quality of air and soils) of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) held the 12th Meeting of the PA 06 Steering Group in Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia, 5-6 November 2019.
The first day of the Steering Group Meeting included discussion on PA 6 Progress, DTP 2nd Call for Proposals for PACs, Global policies and update on PA6 Task forces recent progress and work. Also the IAD organization and WWF represent their projects. During the second day discussion was dedicated to the DSP state of play, revision of the 2010 Action Plan, indicative timeline for the revision of the EUSDR Action Plan as of 05/09/2019, Ecological connectivity – cross MRS (discussion about examples of good practice and initiatives/activities/projects that could be applied and/or expanded to other MRS; practical approach on how to implement described initiatives, what are the needed steps, enabling conditions for the initiatives to be implemented, milestones and lead for the implementation, as well as potential funding for the initiatives) and the DTP POST 2020. Special focus was on the document Opportunities and proposals for a revised roadmap of EUSDR Priority area 6, chapters: Roadmap towards 2030 and Reporting template (future reporting format). European Commission DG ENVIROMENT via video conference presented Strategic Nature Projects as part of the LIFE programme.
Some future events were announced:
- 27th Conference of the Working Community of the Danube Region that will take place from 21st to 22nd April 2020 in Tulln, Austria,
- IAD Conference, July 2020, Germany,
- 3rd Joint ESENIAS & DIAS Scientific Conference, July – August 2020, Kiev, Ukraine,
- The 4th Bioeconomy Day in Stuttgart on 28. October 2019 with e.g. a political panel with experts from the EU and Danube region and the workshop “Biobased innovations in Europe – Biorefineries for the Danube region,
- International Ministerial Conference for the Danube region: “Wine. Climate Change. Danube region” in April 2020 in Budapest, Hungary,
- Ministerial Conference on PA6 relevant topics, September-October 2020, Munich, Germany.